Why Is Google showing my previous search history?
Turn Web & App Activity on or off
- Visit the Activity controls page. You may be asked to sign in to your Google Account.
- Turn the switch on or off.
- If you turn the switch on, you can check the box next to "Include Chrome browsing history and activity from websites and apps that use Google services."
Note: Some browsers and devices may have more settings that affect how this activity is saved.
Change what activity gets saved
You can control most of the information that's saved in My Activity. To change these settings:
- Go to Activity controls. You might need to sign in to your Google Account.
- From here you can:
- Save activity: Next to the activity you want to save, turn on the switch. Select Turn on.
- Stop saving activity: Next to the activity you don't want to save, turn off the switch. Select Pause.
Some community members might have badges that indicate their identity or level of participation in a community.
Member levels indicate a user's level of participation in a forum. The greater the participation, the higher the level. Everyone starts at level 1 and can rise to level 10. These activities can increase your level in a forum:
- Post an answer.
- Having your answer selected as the best answer.
- Having your post rated as helpful.
- Vote up a post.
- Correctly mark a topic or post as abuse.
Having a post marked and removed as abuse will slow a user's advance in levels.
View profile in forum?
To view this member's profile, you need to leave the current Help page.
Report abuse in forum?
This comment originated in the Google Product Forum. To report abuse, you need to leave the current Help page.
Reply in forum?
This comment originated in the Google Product Forum. To reply, you need to leave the current Help page.