We recognize that the non-consensual sharing of intimate or explicit images and videos (sometimes referred to as “revenge porn”) is distressing. This article is intended to support you through the process for removal requests of such images and videos from Google search results. To request that this content be removed from Google search results, please use this form. You may also have an authorized representative complete the form on your behalf.
So we can help you, please make sure the content removal request meets both of these requirements:
- The imagery shows you (or the individual you're representing) nude, in a sexual act or an intimate state
- You (or the individual you're representing) didn't consent to the imagery or the act and it was made publicly available
You intended the content to be private and the imagery was made publicly available without your consent, like "revenge porn"
We take public interest and newsworthiness into account when determining if content will be removed. In the vast majority of cases, these types of images and the content that accompanies them have no public interest value. In very rare cases, we may not remove reported content based on a strong public interest need to make it available to users. In other cases, there may be information provided alongside an image that is in the public interest to remain available in our results, but instances of the image itself without context may be removed.
While we can prevent a page from appearing in our search results, we are not able to remove content from websites that host it, so we recommend reaching out to the website owner to request removal first. Get more details on that process.
Tips for filling out the image removals form
- Under the section for which type of content you would like to remove, select "A fake nude or sexually explicit picture or video of myself."
- For removal, you'll need to provide the following information:
- Your full name
- Contact email address
- URL for where the content is live, if applicable
- A sample URL of Google search results where the image or video appears
- Screenshots of the offending content, which will help us make sure we're removing the correct results. We encourage you to use image-editing software to obscure the sexually explicit portions of the screenshots, but keep in mind the content needs to be identifiable to be removed.
- Important: Child sexual abuse imagery is illegal. Do not take or include screenshots containing child sexual abuse imagery or any content that presents someone under 18 in a sexual manner. Please see here for reporting child sexual abuse imagery.