Get updates for your interests in Discover
You can get information about your interests, like your favorite sports team or news site, without searching for them.
You can see Discover in a few different ways:
- In the Google app .
- If you have a Pixel, Nexus or Google Play edition device, swipe right from your device's Home screen.
Choose what you want to see in Discover
You can change your settings to let Google know what types of updates you want to see in Discover. Learn how to customize what you see in Discover.
Turn off Discover
To stop seeing all cards, you can turn off Discover.
- On your Android phone or tablet, open your Google app . If you have a Pixel, Nexus, or Google Play edition device, instead swipe right on your Home screen.
- Tap Menu Settings Discover.
Turn off Discover.
How Google decides what to show you in Discover
To know what to show in Discover, Google uses information from your device and from other Google products.
Google also uses data that's stored in your Google Account. This data is based on settings you can change or turn on or off. These settings may include:
- Web & App Activity
- Device Information (For Google to use this information, you need to have Web & App Activity turned on.)
- Location History (For Google to use this information, you need to have Web & App Activity turned on.)
- Location settings: Some updates in Discover are shown based on your home location. If your home location isn't available, Google may use your work location or your device's current location. Learn how to set your home and work locations.