Change your Google Search browser settings
When you search on a browser, like Chrome or Firefox, you can change your Google Search settings. The settings include SafeSearch, video autoplay, location, and more.
Your Google app settings are different from the settings for searching using a browser. Learn how to change your Google app settings.
Change your search settings
If you're signed in to your Google Account when you save your settings, your settings will be the same in every browser you're signed in to.
- Go to the Search settings page.
- Check that you're signed in to your Google Account.
Tip: At the top right, if you see a blue "Sign in" button, you're not signed in.
- Choose your search settings.
- At the bottom of the page, click Save.
Settings you can change
The settings you see vary depending on whether you're on a computer, tablet, or phone.
- SafeSearch filters
- Search using autocomplete
- Results per page
- Spoken answers
- Where results open: Even if you select "Open each selected result in a new browser window," Google Image search results always open in a new tab.
- Past searches
- Video: Videos could start playing automatically without sound. You can turn these autoplay video previews on or off. You can also choose when they'll play, like on Wi-Fi or mobile data networks.