Change your Google Search browser settings
You can set the Google Search settings you want to use when you're searching on a browser, like Chrome or Firefox. The settings include SafeSearch, past searches, and location.
Change your search settings
If you're signed in when you save your settings, your settings will be the same in every browser you're signed in to.
- Visit the Search settings page.
- Make sure you're signed in to your Google Account. (If you see a blue Sign in button in the top right corner, you aren't signed in.)
- Choose your search settings.
- At the bottom of the page, click Save.
- Your Google app settings are different than the settings for searching using a browser. Learn how to change your Google app settings.
- Even if the box next to "Open each selected result in a new browser window" is checked, Google Image search results always open in a new tab.
Settings you can change
The settings you see will vary depending on whether you're on a computer, tablet, or phone.
Katie is a Search expert and author of this help page. Leave her feedback below about the page.