You can change your Google Search browser settings like your language, location, and video settings.
Change your search settings
If you're signed in to your Google Account when you save your settings, your settings stay the same in every browser you sign in to.
- On your Android phone or tablet, go to google.com.
- At the top left, tap Menu Settings.
- Choose your search settings.
- At the bottom, click Save.
Settings you can change
The settings you can choose depend on whether you're on a computer, tablet, or phone.
- SafeSearch filters
- Search with autocomplete
- Results per page
- Spoken answers
- Where results open
- Even if you select "Open each selected result in a new browser window," Google Image search results always open in a new tab.
- Past searches
- Videos can start to play automatically without sound. You can turn these autoplay video previews on or off. You can also choose when they play, like on Wi-Fi or mobile data networks.