You can learn more about an image or the objects around you with a reverse image search. For example, you can take a photo of a plant and use it to search for info or other similar images.
What you find when you search
Your results can include:
- Search results for objects in the image
- Similar images
- Websites with the image or a similar image
What you need
- The latest version of the Google app
- Google app , Chrome app , or Safari version 11 and up
Search with an image from search results
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Google app , Chrome app , or Safari.
- Go to images.google.com.
- Search for the image you want to use and tap it.
- At the top right, tap Visually search this image .
Search with an image saved on your iPhone
Important: This feature is currently not available on iPads.
- On your iPhone, open the Google app .
- In the search bar, tap Google Lens .
- Take or upload a photo to use for your search:
- To take a photo: With your camera, point to an object and tap Search .
- To upload an existing image: Tap Photo picker and select a photo.
- Select how you want to search:
- Use an object in the image: If available, on the object, tap Select .
- Use part of an image: Tap Select image area , then drag the corners of the box around your selection.
- At the bottom, scroll to find your search results.
Tip: To get more specific results, select a smaller area on the image.