You can learn more about an image or the objects around you with Google Lens. For example, you can take a photo of a plant and use it to search for info or other similar images.
What you find when you search
Your results can include:
- Search results for objects in the image
- Similar images
- Websites with the image or a similar image
What you need
- The latest version of the Google app
- Google app , Chrome app , or Safari version 11 and up
Search with an image from search results
- On your iPhone or iPad, go to Google Images.
- Search for an image.
- Tap the image.
- At the bottom left, tap Search inside image .
Search with an image saved on your device
- On your iPhone and iPad, open the Google app .
- In the search bar, tap Google Lens .
- Take or upload a photo to use for your search:
- To take a photo: With your camera, point to an object and tap Search .
- To upload an existing image: Tap Photo picker and select a photo.
- Select how you want to search:
- Use an object in the image: If available, on the object, tap Select .
- Use part of an image: Tap Select image area , then drag the corners of the box around your selection.
- At the bottom, scroll to find your search results.
- To refine your search, tap Add to your search. Then, enter keywords.
Tip: To get more specific results, select a smaller area on the image.
If you're new to iPhone, you can learn how to search with your camera.