What you find when you search
Your results can include:
- Search results for objects in the image
- Similar images
- Websites with the image or a similar image
What you need
- The latest version of the Google app
- The Google app or the Chrome app
Search with an image from search results
- On your Android phone or tablet, go to Google Images.
- Search for an image.
- Tap the image.
- At the top right, tap Search inside image .
Search with an image from a website
Important: To search with a website image in the Chrome app, you must make Google your default search engine.
- On your Android phone, go to the Google app or Chrome app .
- Go to the website with the image.
- Touch and hold the image.
- Tap Search Image with Google Lens.
- To search an object in an image, if available on the object, tap Select .
- To search part of an image, tap Select image area , then drag the corners of the box around your selection.
- At the bottom, scroll to find related search results.
Search with an image saved on your phone
Important: For now, this feature isn’t available on Android tablets.
- On your Android phone, open the Google app .
- At the bottom, tap Discover.
- In the search bar, tap Google Lens .
- Take or upload a photo to use for your search:
- To take a photo: Point to an object with your camera and tap Search .
- To upload an existing image: Tap Photo picker and select a photo.
- Select the area you want to use for your search:
- Use an object in the image: If available, on the object, tap Select .
- Use part of an image: Tap Select image area , then drag the corners of the box around your selection.
- At the bottom, scroll to find your search results.
Tip: To get more specific results select a smaller area on the image.