What you find when you search
Your results can include:
- Search results for objects in the image
- Similar images
- Websites with the image or a similar image
What you need
- The latest version of the Google app
- Google app , Chrome app , or Safari version 11 and up
Search with an image from search results
- On your iPhone or iPad, go to Google Images.
- Search for an image.
- Tap the image.
- At the bottom left, tap Search inside image .
Search with an image saved on your device
- On your iPhone and iPad, open the Google app .
- In the search bar, tap Google Lens .
- Take or upload a photo to use for your search:
- To take a photo: With your camera, point to an object and tap Search .
- To upload an existing image: Tap Photo picker and select a photo.
- Select how you want to search:
- Use an object in the image: If available, on the object, tap Select .
- Use part of an image: Tap Select image area , then drag the corners of the box around your selection.
- At the bottom, scroll to find your search results.
- To refine your search, tap Add to your search. Then, enter keywords.
Tip: To get more specific results, select a smaller area on the image.
Search with screenshot
When you allow Google app access to Photos, you can search with a screenshot.
- On your iPhone or iPad, take a screenshot.
- Open the Google app .
- To search with a screenshot, below the search box, tap the Screenshot chip.
Tip: After you take screenshots, the screenshot chips are only available for a short amount of time.
Control access to Photos
You can remove access to your saved images on the device and disable the Screenshot chip.
- Go to Settings .
- Tap Google Photos.
- Select None.