With autocomplete, you can enter a Google search more quickly. You can turn off or remove certain autocomplete predictions or report issues with your predictions.
Turn off Personal results
If you’re signed in to your Google Account and have Personal results turned on, you might also get personalized predictions and recommendations in Google Search. If you don’t want to get these predictions and recommendations, turn off Personal results.
Important: When Personal results are off, you won't get personalized predictions or recommendations in Google Search based on your past searches. If you have Web & App Activity on, your Search history is saved in your Google Account and used to give you more personalized experiences in other Google services. Learn how to see & control your Web & App Activity.
Turn off trending searches
If you don’t want to see trending searches, you can change your settings.
- Open the Google app .
- At the bottom right, tap More Settings General.
- Turn off Autocomplete with trending searches.
Turn off trending search from a mobile browser
- On your Android phone or tablet, open a browser like Chrome or Firefox.
- Go to google.com.
- At the top left, tap Menu Settings.
- Under "Autocomplete with trending searches," select Do not show popular searches.
While we do our best to prevent inappropriate predictions, we don’t always get it right. If you think a prediction violates one of the autocomplete policies, you can report it:
- On your Android phone or tablet, go to google.com or open the Google app .
- In the search bar, start typing a search.
- Predictions will appear below the search bar. Long-press a prediction.
- Tap Report this.
We’ll analyze your feedback, but we don’t automatically remove reported predictions.
I have a legal issue with the prediction
To request removal of content you think is unlawful, fill out this form.