Urgent: Fetch as Google - Temporarily Unreachable Issue1 Recommended Answer
For the past 6+ weeks, we have been seeing most of our URLs returning a ‘Temporarily Unreachable’ error when fetched in Google Webmaster Tools using the ‘Fetch as Google’ simulation tool. We have been unable to pin point what exactly could be the issue behind this considering we had a 100% success rate with this in the past.
Some important changes that have happened on the website since the beginning of this issue -
· Website underwent a re-design
· The DNS setting were not changed. However, the site uses Akamai CDN as the backbone architecture
· The URL structure of all the major navigation pages were changed
· Not all old URLs re-directed to corresponding new ones
Please note that we have not implemented any filter on the Akamai server. Also, there is no threshold value that we have placed for the number of request coming to the server.
Thanks for all the help.
Some community members might have badges that indicate their identity or level of participation in a community.
Member levels indicate a user's level of participation in a forum. The greater the participation, the higher the level. Everyone starts at level 1 and can rise to level 10. These activities can increase your level in a forum:
- Post an answer.
- Having your answer selected as the best answer.
- Having your post rated as helpful.
- Vote up a post.
- Correctly mark a topic or post as abuse.
Having a post marked and removed as abuse will slow a user's advance in levels.
View profile in forum?
To view this member's profile, you need to leave the current Help page.
Report abuse in forum?
This comment originated in the Google Product Forum. To report abuse, you need to leave the current Help page.
Reply in forum?
This comment originated in the Google Product Forum. To reply, you need to leave the current Help page.