To ask your Google Assistant for help, press and hold the power button. When your watch is ready, you’ll see "Hi, how can I help?"
What you need
To use your Google Assistant on your watch, you’ll need:
- A watch running Wear OS by Google
- A Google Account on the watch
- Phone’s language set to a language listed above
- An Internet connection on your watch
Do more with your Google Assistant
If you have Internet-connected devices such as thermostats, lights, or switches that work with Google, you can control your home using the Google Assistant. Learn how to connect devices to your Google Assistant.
Once you've set up the home device, to connect your watch to your Google Assistant:
- On your phone, open the Wear OS by Google app .
- Under "Settings," tap Google Assistant Settings Home control.
- In the "Devices" tab, at the bottom right tap Add devices .
- Follow the instructions to finish setup.
Learn more about Google Assistant controlled smart home device settings.
When you're done connecting up devices to your Google Assistant , you can use voice commands like:
- Thermostats: Make it warmer. Set the bedroom temperature to 68.
- Lights: Turn on the bedroom lights. Did I forget to turn off the kitchen lights?
To send a chat message using apps like WhatsApp, Telegram, Viber, and others, you need the same app on your Android phone or tablet.
- Messaging apps: Say "Send a message with" followed by the app name and the person before the message. For example, "Send a WhatsApp message to Sam."
Learn more about messaging apps and how to troubleshoot sending messages.
If you’re having trouble connecting to your Google Assistant, try the following tips:
- Make sure your watch is connected to your phone.
- Make sure you have a Google Account on your watch
- On your watch, turn Airplane mode on and off.
What you can ask your Google Assistant
Get things done
- Alarms: Wake me up at 7 a.m.
- Reminders: Remind me to do laundry when I get home. Remind me to call Mom every Sunday.
- Timers: Set a timer for 10 minutes.
- Notes: Take a note: "Try the new restaurant down the street."
- Reservations with OpenTable: Make a reservation at The Fire Pit tonight.
The following voice actions will use your phone unless you have a watch that supports an LTE connection.
- Calls: Call Monica.
- Text: Text John "See you at 5."
- Emails: Send an email.
Helpful info about your day
- Weather: What’s the weather in Boston? Will I need an umbrella tomorrow? Will it be windy this weekend?
- Traffic: How’s the traffic on the 89 freeway?
- Navigate: Navigate home by walking. Navigate to work by bicycling. (First, get the Google Maps app on your watch.)
- Running: Track my run.
- Cycling: Start a bike ride.
- Step count: How many steps have I taken?
- Heart rate: What's my heart rate?
- Calculations: What’s 20% of 80? What's 5 factorial?
- Dictionary: What does "magnanimous" mean?
- Quick answers: How do you remove stains from a rug? When is sunrise?
- Unit conversions: How many miles in a 5k?
- Translations: "Thank you" in Hindi.