Troubleshoot your cellular watch's connection
I can't send or receive calls or text messages
Make sure you have the following:
- A cellular watch
- SIM card for your watch
- Cellular service for your watch. For more info about getting service for your watch, check with your carrier.
To see if you have a cellular watch:
- Wear OS by Google: Go to Settings Connectivity . Look for Cellular.
- All other watches: Go to Settings . Look for Cellular.
If you don't see a Cellular setting, your watch does not support cellular service.
If you're still having trouble, try the steps below:Step 1: Make sure you have a cellular connection
- On your watch, swipe down from the top of the screen.
- In the pull-down settings, check Signal .
Note: this feature is not available in iPhones.
Cloud sync shares data between your phone and your watch over the Internet. Data is stored on the cloud sync server. To use Wi-Fi or cellular data on your watch, turn on cloud sync in the Wear OS by Google app.
- On your phone, open the Wear OS by Google app .
- Tap Settings Privacy & Personal data Cloud sync.
- Turn it on.
- To restart your watch, touch and hold the power button. If your watch has three buttons, touch and hold the center button.
- Restart your phone.
Contact your carrier and make sure your watch's SIM is properly activated.
Note: When you reset your watch to factory settings, apps, settings, and data on your watch will all be erased.
You'll need to re-pair your watch and phone after a factory reset.
- If your screen is dim, tap it to wake up the watch.
- Swipe down from the top of the screen.
- Wear OS by Google: Tap Settings .
- All other watches: Swipe left and tap Settings .
- Scroll and:
- Wear OS by Google: Scroll to System Disconnect & reset.
- All other watches: Scroll down and tap Unpair from phone Factory reset and unpair.
- After you reset your watch to factory settings, you need to pair your watch with your phone again.
My Bluetooth car kit doesn't connect to my phone when I'm wearing my watch
When you wear a watch that can make Bluetooth calls, your car kit may not automatically connect to your phone. This can happen because your phone doesn't know which Bluetooth device you want to use for calls (your watch or your car kit).
To force your phone to connect to your car kit for calls:
- On your phone open Settings Bluetooth.
- To select your car, touch your car kit in the device list.
I'm not getting notifications on my watch
If your watch doesn't vibrate when you get a notification or you're not seeing notifications at all, try these troubleshooting steps.
Andrea is an Android expert and author of this help page. Help her improve this article by leaving feedback below.