Get directions, traffic info & more
- This feature is not available on iPhones.
- Most of the tips below work if your language is set to English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Spanish, or Brazilian Portuguese. Some voice actions aren’t available in all languages and countries.
Get turn-by-turn navigation
You can speak to your watch to get turn-by-turn directions to your destination. Say your destination, and the route will appear on your watch. As you go, you'll see directions for every turn.
When location is enabled on your phone, navigation works on your watch even when your phone is locked.
Get directions on your watch
- If you can't see your watch screen, wake up the watch.
- Swipe left to right until you see the Assistant screen, then tap Microphone .
- If you don't see this option: Press and hold the Power button.
- Say something like “Navigate to Starbucks.” A Google Maps card will show up on your watch.
After you start navigation, you can:
- See your distance and ETA: Swipe the card up and tap Commute time .
- See the full list of directions: Swipe up on the green card at the bottom of the screen.
- Go back to full-screen navigation: Swipe up and tap Open Maps.
- If you don't see the destination you want, you might need to choose a more specific one.
- You can also change travel modes or cancel your trip.
Mute or stop navigation
To silence directions and go back to the home screen, swipe from left to right.
To stop getting directions, swipe the Maps card up and tap Exit navigation .
Explore the map
You can also use Maps to learn more about the areas nearby.
See your location or go to nearby places
To see where you are, on your watch, open the Maps app. You'll see your location and places nearby.
To navigate to a place, tap Place marker the place Navigate .
Find places & business info
You can speak to your watch to find nearby places and businesses. You can also find the phone number or address of a nearby business and see how far away it is.