- To use navigation, you must allow location tracking on your phone and smartwatch.
- Power-saving mode can interfere with Maps.
- Some voice actions aren’t available in all languages and countries or regions.
- Maps on your Wear device uses the distance unit that's on your paired phone.
Explore the map
Get directions on your watch
Search for locations
- If you can't see your watch screen, wake up the watch.
- Swipe up to find your apps and open the Maps app.
- To select from your home, work, or recent locations, tap Search.
Get directions with your voice
- To start the Google Assistant, say "Hey Google" or press and hold the Power button.
- You can also tap the Microphone or the keyboard to search for something new.
- Say something like "Navigate to a coffee shop nearby." A Google Maps card shows up on your watch.
After you start navigation, you can:
- Find your trip duration and the current time.
- Find the next 3 directions.
- Cancel your trip: To stop directions and go back to the home screen, on your watch, swipe left or swipe to the bottom and tap Stop.
Use your watch without your phone nearby
You can start navigation on your watch without your phone nearby. You can also enable mirroring and start navigation on your phone and then leave your phone behind. When you enable mirroring, your watch will take over navigation from your phone. This only works on watches paired with Android devices.
To start navigation from your watch:
- Open Maps from your watch.
- Use the voice or keyboard tool to input your destination. You can also tap the map to view your location.
- Select your mode of transportation. From here, you can view your ETA.
- Start your walk, bicycle, or car trip.
Set up mirroring on your phone and watch
- To mirror your navigation session on both phone and watch, go to Settings Mirroring.
- Turn on Mirror on the phone.
Tip: For watch based navigation only, turn off Mirror on the phone.
Manage settings for Maps on your watch
Stop autolaunch of directions on your watch
- On your watch, open the Maps app.
- Tap Search.
- Swipe up until you reach the bottom of the screen.
- Tap Settings Mirroring.
- To stop navigation prompts while you drive, cycle, and walk, turn Driving, Cycling, and Walking off.
Find your location
Use Search to find places
Pan & zoom on the map
- To pan the map, use your finger to move the map around. To return the map to your current location, tap Location .
- To zoom on the map, rotate the button at the top of your watch:
- To zoom out, use a one-finger double-tap and drag-up gesture.
- To zoom in, use a one-finger double-tap and drag-down gesture.