This feature is not available for Voice for Google Workspace accounts managed by your work or school. Learn more.
Legacy Google Voice isn’t available for new accounts. To learn more, read Set up Voice.
What’s happening to legacy Voice?
The new Google Voice experience was launched in 2017. Since then, we've added the more popular features of legacy Voice to the new Voice experience. Newer features, such as calling over the internet, are only available for new Voice. Legacy Voice is not receiving any new features and will be phased out.
Note: Legacy Voice for voicemail-only will still be supported at this time, but we suggest you upgrade to the new Voice experience. To learn more, read Upgrade from legacy Google Voice (voicemail only).
Differences between the new Voice and legacy Voice
- Call history is now in the Call section.
- Calls cannot be starred.
- Messages and Voicemail are in their own section.
- You can mark a message or call as Spam or Archive them. There is no Trash section.
- Audio and General settings can be found by clicking their icons in the top-right corner.
- Notes are not carried over between versions. If you want to preserve the notes you have, you must use Google Takeout and download your data. To learn more, read Remove notes from Legacy Voice.
To learn more about the new Google Voice experience, read What can you do with Voice?