Google Voice gives you a phone number for calls, texts, and voicemails. You can use this number to make domestic and international calls from your web browser and mobile devices. If you're in the US or Canada, you can choose your own number.
In addition to using Google Voice for calls, texts, and voicemails, you can also:
- Read voicemail transcripts in your inbox and search them like emails
- Personalize voicemail greetings
- Make international calls at low rates
- Get protection from spam calls and messages
- Block unwanted callers
- Screen calls before you answer
Google Voice saves and processes your call, text, and voicemail information.
Sign up for Google Voice & get your number
Important: Google Voice doesn’t offer 1–800 numbers.
Make sure that your phone is on and can get texts. To check, we’ll text you a code.
- Download the Google Voice app.
- Open the Voice app .
- Sign in to your account.
- To pick your Google Voice number, tap Search.
- You can search by city or area code. If numbers aren’t available, try a nearby city or area code.
- Next to the number you want, tap Select.
- Follow the instructions.
After setting up Google Voice, you can link another phone number. Learn more about setting up phones.