Get started with Voice
To see information for a Voice for G Suite account managed by your work or school, sign in to your G Suite account.
With Google Voice, you get a free phone number for calls, text messages, and voicemail. You can use the apps on smartphones and computers, and you can link your number to any mobile or landline number.
What you can do with Voice
- Text from your computer or mobile phone
- Read your voicemail and search through it like email
- Personalize voicemail greetings for family and friends
- Make international calls at low rates
- Get protected from spam calls, block unwanted callers, and screen calls before answering
To offer these services, Voice saves and processes your call, text, and voicemail information.
Start using Voice
First, you'll need:
- A Google Account
- U.S. phone number that can forward calls after ringing
- Note: Some VoIP phone number providers don't allow conditional call forwarding
- Computer or smartphone with Internet access (for sign-up)
Then, sign up at voice.google.com or download the Google Voice app to your mobile device.
Cost and availability
Voice is only available in the U.S. If you're outside the U.S., you can make calls with Hangouts.