You can ask for a refund for Google Voice or classic Hangouts calls and balances within 6 months of your original purchase. If your account was migrated to an account managed by your organization, you can request a balance refund.
- Sign in to the Google Account you use for Google Voice or classic Hangouts.
- To access your billing history, click this link or copy it into your browser: https://voice.google.com/u/0/billing.
- Continue with the steps below.
- In the top right, click Refund balance.
- Select your refund type:
- Refund entire balance: Click Request refund Request refund.
- Refund a single call: From the "Get call credit box", under "Recent calls", click Get credit Pick a reason for the refund Request refund.
Refund currencies available
Refunds are only reimbursed in these currencies.
|British Pound Sterling||GBP|
You can't get a refund for:
- Free promotions
- Requests made 30 or fewer days since your last refund request
- Credit transfers between Google accounts
- $10 fee to change your Google Voice number
- $20 fee to transfer your number to Google Voice
- $20 fee to keep your original Google Voice number when you port your number from a cell phone service provider
- $3 fee to transfer your number out of Google Voice
Estimated timeline for refunds
- Refund a single call: Within minutes.
- Refund entire balance: Up to 10 business days.
- Manual refund: 14 business days after Google gets your refund form.
Refunds also depend on the type of refund you request and your payment method.
- When you request a refund for an entire balance, an email is sent to the account holder to confirm the requested refund amount.
- Google Pay attempts to refund your credit by sending eligible Google Voice or classic Hangouts transactions back to the original form of payment.
- If there are issues with prior refunds, you get an email from Google Pay with information on how to resolve those issues.
Troubleshoot a refund sent to a closed account
If the account you paid with is closed or your card number has changed, you’ll receive an email to update your payment information. If you haven’t received a refund or an email from Google within 15 days, contact your bank account or card issuer. Your bank account or card issuer may hold the funds and be able to arrange a transfer.