Transfer your Google Voice account
Remember, Google Voice is only available in the U.S.
If you’d like to transfer your Google Voice account, here are some things to keep in mind:
- You can only transfer your Google Voice number. You can’t transfer your account data, which includes your settings, voicemail, call history, text messages, and forwarding phones. If you’d like to export all of your data from your account, you can use Google Takeout to save your data.
- You can’t transfer your Google Voice number to another Google account that already has a Google Voice number.
- When you transfer your Google Voice number, you need to set up a forwarding phone because it won’t be transferred from your previous account. Learn more about how to set up a forwarding phone.
To transfer your Google Voice account:
- Open Google Voice.
- Click settings.
- Click the “Phones” tab.
- Next to your Google Voice number, click Transfer.
- Choose the Google account to which you’d like transfer the number.
- Click Proceed. This will begin the transfer process.
- To complete the transfer process, you’ll need to verify an existing U.S. phone number. Please be ready with this forwarding phone so that you can respond to a verification call.