Important: This feature isn't available for Voice for Google Workspace accounts managed by your work or school. Learn more about Google Voice account types.
From your phone, you can dial your Google Voice number to check your voicemail or make a call. To access your voicemail, you must first set up a voicemail PIN.
To learn how to check your voicemail from the Google Voice app, visit Check your voicemail in Google Voice.
Set your voicemail PIN
- Go to voice.google.com.
- In the top right, click Settings Account.
- Scroll to “Voicemail,” and turn on Call to listen .
- Set a PIN.
- Click Save.
Check voicemail with Google Voice
When "Call to listen" is turned on:
- Call your Google Voice number. If you call from a phone number that isn’t linked to your Google Voice account, to get the voicemail menu prompts, press *.
- Follow the menu prompts.
- Enter your PIN, then tap Pound (#).
- To check your voicemail, tap 1.