Important: This feature isn't available for Voice for Google Workspace accounts managed by your work or school. Learn more about Google Voice account types.
From your phone, you can dial your Google Voice number to check your voicemail or make a call. To access your voicemail, you must first set up a voicemail PIN.
To learn how to check your voicemail from the Google Voice app, visit Check your voicemail in Google Voice.
Set your voicemail PIN
- Go to voice.google.com.
- In the top right, click Settings Account.
- Scroll to “Voicemail,” and turn on Call to listen .
- Set a PIN.
- Click Save.
Check voicemail with Google Voice
When "Call to listen" is turned on:
- Call your Google Voice number.
- To get the Voicemail menu prompts, when your Voicemail greeting begins, press Star (*).
Tip:To play your Voicemail greeting immediately when you call your Google Voice number, set a calling rule for your number in Custom Call Forwarding.
- Follow the menu prompts.
- Enter your PIN.
- Press Pound (#).
- To check your voicemail, press 1.