You can delete your current Google Voice number and get a new one. If you don't have a Google Voice number, sign up for Google Voice.
Important: This feature isn't available for Voice for Google Workspace accounts managed by your work or school. Learn more about Google Voice account types.
Change your Google Voice number
- On your computer, open Google Voice.
- Sign in with the Google Account you used to register your number.
- At the top right, click Settings .
- On the left, click Account.
- Under “Google Voice number,” find the number you want to delete.
- Click Delete Delete number.
- When you get the message "You don't have a Google Voice number," click Get a number.
- Enter the city name or zip code in the search bar.
- If there are no numbers available in your area, try somewhere nearby.
- Next to the number you want, click Select.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
Tip: If you want to use your mobile number, you can port your mobile number into Google Voice. It costs $20 USD to port your number.
- Port or transfer your personal number to Google Voice
- Delete your Google Voice number