How do I adjust my Norton Personal Firewall settings to connect to Google Talk?
If you're having trouble accessing Google Talk, and you have Norton Personal Firewall installed on your computer, you'll need to adjust your settings. Here's how:
- Open Norton Personal Firewall.
- Select Status & Settings from the left menu bar.
- Choose Personal Firewall from the middle column.
- Click Configure.
- In the new window, open the Programs tab.
- Find Google Talk in the Manual Program Control table.
- Click the Internet Access column for Google Talk, and select Allow All.
- Click OK.
If your firewall was already set to allow Google Talk, please delete the rule and follow the instructions above to re-add it.
After following these steps, you should be able to connect to Google Talk.