Configuring Trillian Pro for Google Talk
- Open Trillian Pro.
- Click Trillian > Connections > Manage my Connections.
- Click Identities & Connections from the left menu and select JABBER.
- Click Add a new connection...
- In the Jabber ID (JID) field:
- If you're signing in with a Gmail or Google Mail username, enter your full email address.
- If your Google Talk username isn't associated with any Google email product, add @gmail.com to the end of your username. For example, iloveyoko will become email@example.com.
- If you're a Google Apps user, enter your full email address (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Enter your password in the field beneath Please enter your password.
- Click Change...
- Enter the following information in the appropriate fields:
- Server Host: talk.google.com
- Server Port: 5222
- Leave the box next to Use legacy SSL for connection unchecked.
- Check the box next to Attempt to reconnect when connection is lost.
- Click Save Settings.
Have questions about Trillian Pro? Learn from the experts! Check out Trillian's FAQs. The Google Talk Team can only assist you in configuring your client to work with Google Talk.
Google is a trademark of Google Inc. All other marks are trademarks of their respective owners.