Configuring Psi for Google Talk
Once you download Psi, you'll need to configure your client to connect to Google Talk. Here's how:
- Open Psi.
- Click the Psi symbol in the bottom-left corner, and select Account Setup.
- In the Psi: Jabber Accounts window, click Add.
- Enter a name for your account in the Name field. We suggest 'Google Talk.'
- Make sure that the box next to Register new account is not selected.
- Click Add.
- In the Jabber ID field, do one of the following:
- If you're signing in with a Gmail or Google Mail username, enter your full email address.
- If your Google Talk username isn't associated with any Google email product, add @gmail.com to the end of your username. For example, iloveyoko will become firstname.lastname@example.org .
- If you're a Google Apps user, enter your full email address ( email@example.com).
- Click the Connection tab.
- Select all checkboxes, except 'Probe legacy SSL port.'
- In the Host field, enter talk.google.com.
- In the Port field, enter 5223 (5222 will not work).
- In the Encrypt connection drop-down menu, choose Legacy SSL.
- Click Save.
Congratulations! You're now ready to connect to Google Talk using Psi.
Please note that you may receive a warning message stating that 'The gmail.com certificate failed the authenticity test.' This error message is incorrect; click Continue to sign in.
Have questions about Psi? Learn from the experts! Check out Psi's FAQs. The Google Talk Team can only assist you in configuring your client to work with Google Talk.
Google is a trademark of Google Inc. All other marks are trademarks of their respective owners.