You can return an item that you bought from the Google Store only within 15 calendar days after the day that you received it. If you bought Nest Thermostat from the Google Store, you can return your device only within 30 days.
- All purchases made from 1 December – 10 December can be returned until 10 January 2021.
- All purchases made from 11 December – 25 December have 30 days from the day it was received to be returned.
- All purchases made after 25 December 2020 are subject to the standard return policy.
We’ll refund the payment method that you paid minus a restocking fee (if applicable, US only) and minus the supplementary costs resulting from your choice of a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us, without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day we receive your device.
The following return process also applies to orders delivered in person or bought during the delivery appointment. You can return these items within 15 calendar days after the appointment.
Important: All hardware in the Stadia Founder's Edition bundle must be returned to receive a full refund. For details on how this affects your subscription, access code, Buddy Pass and games, please see the Stadia Help Centre.
If you haven’t received your Google Store order yet, see how to change or cancel it.
Step 1: Tell us what you want to return
- Find the order with the item that you want to return.
- Under the order that you want to return, select View details.
- Follow the onscreen instructions. After a few hours, you’ll get a confirmation email. Follow the instructions inside.
- If you see 'Device is not eligible for return', your order hasn’t been dispatched yet or has passed the 15-day return limit. If it hasn’t yet been delivered, you may be able to cancel or change your order.
Step 2: Wrap it up
Include the following in your package:
- The box that your purchase came in
- The device or accessory
- Other accessories, documentation and anything else that came with the device
- The form included in your return confirmation email (find your device serial number if you need it)
Don’t include accessories that didn’t originally come with the device:
- SIM card (if you added your own)
- Device cases
- Extended batteries
- Other accessories that didn’t come with the device
Make sure that you transfer, back up or erase all personal and other data on the device before sending it to Google. Google isn’t responsible for any use or disclosure of any data that is on the device.
Step 3: Send it back to Google
To make sure that the device arrives in its original condition, package and send it using the label and instructions from the Google Store support email.
If you’re returning multiple items, package and send each item separately (unless otherwise specified).
If you bought a wireless device from Google Store (like a Pixel phone) and want to return it, do so within 15 calendar days of receiving it. A restocking fee of $35 applies to any return of such wireless device (excluding purchases and returns occurring in Hawaii and where prohibited by law). The restocking fee will be taxed in select states.
Restocking fees do not apply when the wireless device is returned, due to the item being defective when it was initially received by the consumer, or because the incorrect item was delivered.
Exchange a device
Exchanges aren’t available. Instead, you can return your purchase and use your refund to buy a different item.