In engine track accounts, Search Ads 360 doesn't automatically download engine metrics such as clicks, impressions, and cost. But you can download the metrics directly from the engine and then upload them into Search Ads 360. Then you can view the metrics in Search Ads 360 reports, just as you can for fully supported engines.
Instead of using the Search Ads 360 UI to upload performance metrics, set up an sFTP endpoint in Search Ads 360 and then use third-party software to transfer files to the sFTP endpoint. FTP (File Transfer Protocol) is a standard way of uploading files into a computer system. Secure FTP encrypts data as it's transferred over the internet. This ensures privacy and integrity of your data. Secure FTP is usually abbreviated as sFTP.
You may be able to automate part of the process of uploading performance metrics. For example, some sFTP software can automatically upload files on a schedule. Once you create an sFTP endpoint in Search Ads 360, you can set up automated uploads to occur on a regular basis.
Create an sFTP endpoint in Search Ads 360
Create a separate endpoint for each type of engine track account you use:
- Sign into Search Ads 360 with a Google account that has agency manager or advertiser manager permissions and navigate to an advertiser.
Steps for navigating to an advertiser
Click the navigation bar to display navigation options.
In the "Agency" list, click on the agency that contains the advertiser. You can search for an agency by name or scroll through the list.
In the "Advertiser" list, click on the advertiser.
Click Apply or press the Enter key.
Search Ads 360 displays the advertiser page, which contains data for all of the advertiser’s engine accounts.
In the left navigation panel, click Advertiser settings.
Click the Integrations▼ tab and select sFTP connections.
Click + sFTP connection, which appears above the reporting table.
In sFTP connection name, enter a name for the connection.
The name only appears in Search Ads 360. Choose a name that clarifies the purpose of the connection.
From the Purpose list, select Engine track cost metrics upload.
From the Engine type list, select the type of performance metrics you'll be uploading to the endpoint.
Search Ads 360 creates an endpoint and displays an sFTP server address, port number, username, and password under Connection details (generated by Search Ads 360).
The username and password generated by Search Ads 360 cannot be edited.
Copy the password and paste it into a password manager or some other system you use to store passwords securely.
Once you click Save, you can't view the password again. If you lose the password, you can reset it.
Click Save to close the endpoint details and permanently hide the password.
Export a keyword report from Yandex
- Export a keyword report for each Yandex account. Make sure the export file is in a format supported by Search Ads 360 and that the report contains metrics from a single Yandex account. If you've created multiple Yandex engine accounts in Search Ads 360, export each account's data into a separate file.
Search Ads 360 won't import metrics if a file contains data from more than one engine account.
- In the exported file, add a column named Account ID and enter your Yandex account ID in every row. Yandex does not include this column in its export files.
Required and optional columns in the exported report
Search Ads 360 recognizes the following columns in the report you export:
|Yandex column||Maps to this reporting column in Search Ads 360||Required?|
|"dated" or "date"||
Correct the date format in the exported report. Yandex exports dates without dashes. For example, 20200311 (YYYYMMDD).
Search Ads 360 requires that dates include dashes, YYYY-MM-DD (2020-03-11).
|account_id||External engine account ID||Yes|
|adgroup_id||Ad group ID||Yes|
Search Ads 360 ignores any other columns that appear in the report.
Upload to an sFTP endpoint
To upload to an sFTP endpoint:
- Download sFTP software and enter the sFTP server address, port number, username, and password that Search Ads 360 generated when you created the sFTP endpoint.
- Use the sFTP software to transfer the file you exported from Yandex to the Search Ads 360 endpoint.
The uploaded metrics appear in Search Ads 360 within approximately 24 hours.
Search Ads 360 deduplicates overlapping uploads
If the uploaded metrics overlap, Search Ads 360 overrides the previously uploaded metrics with the most recent upload. For example:
- Every afternoon you upload metrics from today and yesterday.
So Monday's upload contains all metrics from Sunday and metrics for Monday morning and afternoon.
- Tuesday's upload contains all metrics from Monday and partial metrics from Tuesday.
Tuesday's upload will completely overwrite the partial data previously uploaded for Monday.
View and customize reports in your engine track account.