A social engine account enables Search Ads 360 to report on visits, Floodlight conversions, and performance and engagement metrics generated by ads in a supported social engine. It also contains settings for remarketing to interested audiences across social, search, and display channels.
Before you start:
If you use a PMD, make sure you're able to successfully sync and manage your social account from your PMD.
How to create a social engine account in Search Ads 360
- Sign into Search Ads 360 with a Google account that has agency manager or advertiser manager permissions.
Navigate to the advertiser that will contain the engine account.Steps for navigating to an advertiser
Click the navigation bar to display navigation options.
In the "Agency" list, click on the agency that contains the advertiser. You can search for an agency by name or scroll through the list.
In the "Advertiser" list, click on the advertiser.
Click Apply or press the Enter key.
Search Ads 360 displays the advertiser page, which contains data for all of the advertiser’s engine accounts.
Click the Engine accounts tab.
Click the New ▼ button, which appears in the toolbar above the reporting table, and then select the type of engine.
The settings panel for the new engine account appears.
Name the account. Use the same name in Search Ads 360 that you're using in the social engine or PMD to help account matching (for auditing, billing, or technical support).
Enter engine settings as described below.
The edit panel closes so you can view the Engine account reporting table.
Wait for the Authorization status column in the Engine account reporting table to say Waiting for traffic before continuing.
When you create a Facebook engine account and select a PMD, Search Ads 360 automatically adds a user role and user profile in the Campaign Manager 360 account associated with your Search Ads 360 advertiser, if one doesn't already exist. Here's an overview of the user role:
- Name: Search Ads 360 Social PMD role
- Permissions: Read-only access to conversion and performance reports, including view-through conversions and path to conversion reports
- Scope: Filtered to the specific Campaign Manager 360 advertisers that are associated with Search Ads 360 advertisers in which you've created social engine accounts
The user profile belongs to the PMD and is used to send conversion data from Campaign Manager 360 to the PMD for reporting and bid optimization. Contact your PMD representative for more information.
- Preferred Marketing Developer: Select the external system you use to manage the social account (either one of the supported Preferred Marketing Developers or the social engine's editing tool such as Facebook Power Editor).
If you use a Preferred Marketing Developer (PMD) that isn't in the list, contact support to request Search Ads 360 support for your PMD.
- External engine account ID: Enter the ID that the social engine has generated and assigned to your social account.
- Currency code: Select the currency that your social account is currently using to ensure that conversion revenue is reported correctly.
Be sure to check with the social engine before selecting a currency here. The currency setting can't be changed after you create the social engine account.
- Time zone: Select the time zone that your social account is currently using to ensure that conversions are reported on the correct day.
Be sure to check with the social engine before selecting a time zone here. The time zone setting can't be changed after you create the social engine account.