You may see some existing currency conversion Floodlight instructions where both the source currency and destination (new) currency have the same value.
These instructions are often used in Search Ads 360 advertisers that use a different currency than the associated Campaign Manager account. Search Ads 360 assumes that Floodlight values are in the currency of the Campaign Manager account, but if the Search Ads 360 advertiser uses a different currency and the web site containing the Floodlight tag or event snippet uses the Search Ads 360 advertiser's currency, you'll need a Floodlight instruction that specifies the Search Ads 360 currency. Please don’t update or remove these instructions.
- The Campaign Manager account's currency is EUR.
- You create a Floodlight sales activity for a Campaign Manager advertiser within this account and add the activity's event snippet to your site.
- The event snippet reports a transaction with a revenue of 1,300.
- When you run a Paid Search report in Campaign Manager, you'll see 1,300.
- In Search Ads 360, the currency for the advertiser that contains the Floodlight sales tag is GBP.
- Search Ads 360 assumes the Floodlight revenue is in the Campaign Manager account's currency (EUR in this example). To match the revenue to your media cost, Search Ads 360 automatically converts 1,300EUR to GBP. So when you view an advertiser report in Search Ads 360, you'd see something like 1021.76GBP, depending on the exchange rate.
- If the Floodlight event snippet is on a site in the UK and transactions are in GBP, you wouldn't want Search Ads 360 to convert 1,300EUR to GBP (you'd actually want to see 1,300 GBP). You can create a Floodlight instruction in Search Ads 360 to indicate that the value reported by this event snippet is actually in GBP. So you'd see 1,300GBP in the Search Ads 360 advertiser report.