Change the status of an engine account
Only an agency manager or advertiser manager can change the status of an engine account in Search Ads 360.
In Search Ads 360, an engine account can have a status of Active, Paused, or Removed.
- Active indicates that all Search Ads 360 features and functions are occurring.
- Removed indicates that all activity for the account is permanently stopped. Once you remove an account, it cannot be resumed for the advertiser.
Paused indicates that activities such as trafficking and syncing, are temporarily stopped. You can resume the account when you are ready. This status is only applicable to search engine accounts. Social and engine track accounts don't support trafficking and syncing, so pausing a social or engine track account doesn't affect the account (the account still tracks conversions and can report performance metrics if you import them).Only the engine account is paused in Search Ads 360. The campaigns within a paused account continue to run. Learn more about the activities that occur in a paused account.
Follow these steps to change the status of an engine account.
Navigate to the advertiser that contains the engine account.Steps for navigating to an advertiser
Click the navigation bar to display navigation options.
In the "Agency" list, click on the agency that contains the advertiser. You can search for an agency by name or scroll through the list.
In the "Advertiser" list, click on the advertiser.
Click Apply or press the Enter key.
Search Ads 360 displays the advertiser page, which contains data for all of the advertiser’s engine accounts.
Click the Engine accounts tab.
In the engine accounts table, select the check box next to an engine account.You can select multiple engine accounts and edit their statuses.
Click Edit ▼ in the toolbar above the engine accounts table, and then select the action that you want:
Important: You cannot resume an engine account after you remove it so please be sure that you want to remove the engine account.
Pausing a search engine account temporarily stops certain activities, but some reporting and activities continue.
The following activities stop:
- Synchronization -- Engine statistics, such as Clicks, Cost, and Impr, are not synced from the engine.
- Trafficking -- Campaigns, ads, and keywords are not trafficked to the engine.
- Bulksheet updates -- If a bulksheet update is in progress, the updates will complete, but are not sent to the engine until the account is resumed. We recommend allowing all bulksheet edits to complete before pausing the account.
- Bid strategies
- Inventory management
The following activities continue:
- Ad serving - The engine continues to serve ads and spend campaign budgets.
- Conversions -- Search Ads 360 continues to receive and update conversions.
- Google Analytics statistics such as page views and transactions are reported.
- Scheduled edits will run.
- Automated rules are applied.
- Edits in the UI -- You can make changes to the engine account campaigns, ad groups, and keywords in Search Ads 360, but the changes are not trafficked to the engine until the account is active again.
You can resume a paused engine account to reactivate the account. When the account is reactivated, changes made to campaigns, ads, and keywords are again trafficked to the engine. If an account has been paused for more than 14 days, you are required to sync the account before you can reactivate it. In this case, any changes that haven't been trafficked will be removed. That is, the changes are lost.
What happens when an account is removed
You may want to remove an engine account when you no longer manage it. Removing an engine account means that Search Ads 360 no longer performs trafficking and syncing.
When an account is removed:
- Search Ads 360 will stop reporting on engine data.
- Conversions and Google Analytics metrics will continue to be reported.
- The account will be removed from Search Ads 360 reports by default.
View statistics for removed accounts
If you want reports to include accounts that have been removed so that you can view the statistics, you can change the Search Ads 360 report settings to display data for removed accounts.