DCM targeting key filtering
Dynamic targeting keys are unique, friendly labels that can be assigned to ads, creatives and placements and used for targeting with DoubleClick Studio dynamic creatives. Use these labels to save time and avoid the errors that may arise when you use numeric DCM IDs (such as placement IDs) in your dynamic feeds.
- Follow the general feed instructions to create the feed.
- Add a column for DCM targeting key. Enter the value for which this row of content is targeted; it should match a dynamic targeting key that was added in the DCM advertiser. To target the content to multiple keys, enter comma-separated values.
Every row of a filtering column should have a value. If you leave a row blank, it will be considered a match for all IDs. This means if multiple rows are selected based on the filtering you set up, all blank rows will also be selected for rotation, along with the rows that match the targeted IDs.
After uploading the feed to your Studio profile, follow these steps:
- Go to Step 2: Manage Data. In the "Data types and filters" section, select the appropriate field type for each of the columns in the feed. For the DCM targeting key columns, select the appropriate DCM field type.
- In Step 3: Manage Rules, confirm that the Type dropdown is set to Auto-Filter and the Summary displays Filtering on: key_column (whichever field contains the targeting keys in your feed). To update the filtering column click Manage.
- In Step 4: Generate Code, wait for the dynamic code to be generated. Copy the provided code into your creative assets then upload to Studio.
- In Step 5: Preview, enter the DCM targeting key criteria into the parameter field and click Launch/update preview.
- When you're done previewing, go to Step 7: Publish and click Publish .
- Dynamic targeting keys in the DCM Help Center (DCM sign in required)