Set feed filtering rules and rotation options
When you use a feed with your dynamic creative, you use rules and rotation options to decide which content show and when.
- Go to Step 3: Manage Rules in the Dynamic Content tab.
- In the Type drop-down, select the type of filtering rule you want to use:
- Open: Open optimization selects the highest performing row on any given impression. Use this option to optimize your feed when you're not using other rules or dynamic strategies.
- Auto-filter: Filter the feed rows based on one of the feed's columns. For example, if you're using a geo-targeting strategy, select auto-filter to use the geographic location column in the feed as the rule for which rows to show. If you select a targeting data type for a field (for example, Accurate geographic type) when you upload the feed, the Type drop-down is automatically set to Auto-filter.
- Prioritized (Beta): Use more than one rule to filter your feed, and choose the order to apply rules.
- Proximity Targeting (Beta): Show specific rows to people that are close to a certain location.
- In the Rotation drop-down, select a dynamic rotation option. Rotation options only apply when the filtering rule or dynamic strategy above results in more than one eligible row. For example, if you're geo-targeting feed that includes more than one eligible row for Paris, choose a rotation option to decide which row to serve.
- In the Summary field, you should see a summary of your selected rules and rotation options. The summary says “Filtering on: [name of targeting column]”. If the column name listed there is not the column you want to filter on, click on the Manage button and toggle the auto-filter switch to NO for any column you do not want to use for targeting.
- Click Save and Continue >>.