Learn the Studio Web UI
Make an association
An association establishes a one-way link from your Studio advertiser to your client's Campaign Manager or Google Ad Manager account, so you can automatically send QA-approved creatives to your client for ad serving. For every advertiser you set up in your Studio account, you must also set up an association.
When you make an association, a trafficking code identifying the Studio client is emailed to traffickers in Campaign Manager or Google Ad Manager, who then use the code to create the association. Your client must accept this association from their existing Campaign Manager or Google Ad Manager account to complete the process.
This association ensures that any future creatives approved by QA are automatically published to the creative inventory for that advertiser in Campaign Manager or Google Ad Manager.
Make an association when adding a new advertiser
- Go to the Creatives tab and select Advertisers from the side panel.
- Click New advertiser.
- Enter an Advertiser name.
- Make an advertiser association:
- Enter a trafficker's email address in the Notify field. (Separate multiple addresses with commas.)
- If you want, enter CC addresses and a Message.
- Click Save.
Make an association for an existing advertiser
- Click Make association. (You can access this link by clicking an advertiser name on the Advertiser screen.)
- In the Notify field, enter traffickers' email addresses, separated by commas.
- (optional) Enter CC addresses, and check CC me to send a confirmation to yourself .
- (optional) Enter a Message to your recipients.
- Click Send.
Before you break an association, take note:
- When you break an association, creatives already pushed from Studio to Campaign Manager Trafficking or Google Ad Manager are unaffected. If you want to push existing creatives to the new advertiser, republish them and traffic again. Notify your QA contact to advise them that QA has already been completed under the previous advertiser.
- Don't break an association if you're using remarketing attributes; these are tied to a single Campaign Manager advertiser and will not work after breaking the association.
- Click Break association.
- Use the dialog box to set up an email that notifies traffickers of the broken association.
- Click Send.