If you're having trouble signing in to your Pixel Slate with your Google Account, try the steps below.
Fix email or password problems
Choose the error message you see:
- Make sure you entered the correct username and password for your Google Account.
- Make sure your device is connected to the Internet, with a strong connection.
- If you recently changed your password, try signing in with your old password.
- If you don't use a @gmail.com email address, make sure you enter your full email address as the username. For example: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you forgot your username or password, go to accounts.google.com/signin/recovery for help.
This message means that your device doesn't have a strong Wi-Fi connection. Try these options:
- Try to fix your connection problems.
- Connect to a different Wi-Fi network, then sign in with your Google Account.
You'll need to use another account to sign in to your device. Learn more about why your account may have been deleted or disabled.
Get permission to sign in
If you see "Sorry, you don't have permission to sign in," you'll need to ask the owner of the device to give you permission to sign in. Or, you can browse as a guest.
If you're using your device at work or school, ask your administrator to give you permission to sign in.
For more information on finding the owner's account or using your device as a guest, see Related articles.
Activate your network
If you see "Before signing in, please start a Guest session to activate the network," you'll need to connect to a Wi-Fi network before you can sign in:
- If you haven't already, sign out of your device.
- On the sign-in screen, select Browse as Guest.
- To connect to a network, follow the steps on the screen.
If you see the error message again, try connecting to a different network.
Get more help
If the steps above didn't fix your issue, try these troubleshooting steps.
If you forgot your username or password, go to accounts.google.com/signin/recovery.
If you're using your device at work or school, contact your administrator for more help.