Use Pixel Slate as a guest
To use a Pixel Slate without signing in, you can browse as a guest. Guest mode is useful if you want to:
- Let someone borrow your Pixel Slate.
- Borrow someone else's Pixel Slate.
- Use a shared or public Pixel Slate, like at school or a library.
Sign in as a guest
- If you're signed in to the device, sign out.
- At the bottom, select Browse as Guest.
Note: If you're using your device at work or school and don't see "Browse as Guest," your administrator has turned off guest browsing. Only your administrator can turn it back on. For more help, contact your administrator.
At the bottom right, select Guest Exit guest.
Your files, cookies, website data, and browsing activity will be deleted.
Others can see some information
Guest mode stops Chrome from saving your browsing activity.
Your activity might still be visible to:
- Websites you visit, including the ads and resources used on those sites
- Your employer, school, or whoever runs the network you're using
- Your internet service provider
If you sign in to an account to use a web service, like Gmail, your browsing activity might be saved on sights that recognize that account.
Fix problems with guest browsing
The device may have guest browsing turned off. To turn on guest browsing:
- If you're signed in as a guest, sign out.
- Sign in to your device using the owner account.
- At the bottom right, select the time to open the status area.
- Select Settings .
- In the "People" section, select Manage other people.
- Turn on Enable Guest browsing.
For more information on finding your device’s owner account, see Related articles.
Note: If you're using your device at work or school, you can't turn guest browsing on or off. For more help, contact your administrator.