Keep battery optimization on
To have apps use your device’s battery only when they need to, keep battery optimization on for all apps. Battery optimization is on by default.
When battery optimization is on
To save battery, apps aren’t as active when:
- You aren't using your device.
- You haven’t used the app for a few days.
Apps become more active again with use.
Check that battery optimization is on
To confirm that an app is set to use battery only when necessary:
- Open your device's Settings app .
- Tap Battery.
- Tap More Battery optimization.
- If an app is listed as “Not optimized,” tap the app Optimize Done.
Tip: Battery optimization isn’t available for some essential services.