You can find and change your settings from any screen on your phone with Quick Settings. To get to the settings that you change often, you can add or move them to Quick Settings.
Note: Some of these steps work only on Android 11 and up. Learn how to check your Android version.
- To find your first few settings, swipe down from the top of your screen.
- To find all of your Quick Settings, swipe down again.
- To turn a setting on or off, tap it. (Dimmed settings are off.)
- To see more options for a setting, touch and hold it.
- From the top of your screen, swipe down twice.
- At the bottom left, tap Edit .
- Touch and hold the setting. Then drag the setting to where you want it.
- To add a setting, drag it up from 'Hold and drag to add tiles'.
- To remove a setting, drag it down to 'Drag here to remove'.
Quickly control your audio and video
You can pause, rewind or change other settings for the audio or video that you’re playing. To find what’s playing on your phone, swipe down from the top of your screen. Find out how to quickly control audio or video.
These icons appear at the top right of your screen or in your Quick Settings. To see their names and descriptions, from the top of your screen, swipe down twice.
Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and mobile data
- Aeroplane mode
- Data saver
- Mobile data
Location and account
- Nearby Share
- Users and guests
Device, display and sound
- Battery Saver
- Bedtime mode
- Dark theme
- Do Not Disturb
- Focus mode
- Invert Colours
- Live Caption
- Night Light
- Screen cast
- Screen record
Control audio and video
- To find what’s playing on your phone, swipe down from the top of your screen.
- To open the app where the media is playing, tap the panel.
- If you're using more than one media app, swipe right or left to find them.
- To change where the sound plays, at the top right of the panel, tap the name of your audio accessory (like 'Speakers' or 'Pixel buds').