To help your phone last longer, you can follow these tips to help avoid screen damage. Over time, even tiny fractures can grow and cause cracks.
Help prevent your screen from cracking
Choose a phone case
Use a protective case with raised, rounded edges. Use a case designed for your phone, even if another case seems to fit. For example, see cases on the Google Store.
If your phone can charge wirelessly, choose a case designed for wireless charging.
Choose a screen protector
Use a screen protector that covers the entire screen, including the corners and edges. The screen protector will help prevent scratches.
Store your phone safely
- Be cautious when letting young children use your phone.
- Set your phone on a flat surface when not in use so that it won't fall.
- Don't leave your phone on vibrate near the edge of a surface, because it might fall when it vibrates.
- Don't put your phone near your keys or other hard objects that may scratch, crack, or crush the screen.
- Don't put your phone in your back pocket where you might accidentally sit on it and crack the screen.
Avoid extreme temperatures
Don't expose your phone to extreme temperatures, like leaving your phone in your car on a very hot or cold day.
If your screen has already cracked
You can repair a cracked screen. Learn about your repair options.
Damage from accidents or normal wear-and-tear, liked cracked screens, is not covered by warranty. Learn about your warranty coverage.