You can quickly control compatible smart home devices like thermostats, lights, locks and cameras from your phone. You can turn them on or off and change some settings without opening an app.
Home controls work with devices that you’ve connected to the Google Home app . Some of these smart devices include:
Important: Some of these steps only work on Android 11 and up. Learn how to check your Android version.
Set up home controls
- Find the Google Home app or download it from the Play Store.
- Open your phone's settings app.
- Tap Apps and notifications Home .
- If you can’t find it, first tap See all apps.
- If the app isn’t already enabled, tap Enable .
- Connect your smart devices with the Google Home app. Learn more about the Google Home app.
Control connected devices
To quickly control your devices, press and hold the power button on your phone. From here, depending on the device, you can:
- Turn devices on or off.
- Change brightness for lights.
- Change thermostat temperature.
- See live videos from cameras.
- Pause music or videos.
Choose which devices show in home controls
- Press and hold the power button on your phone.
- Above the controls on the right, tap More Edit controls.
- To remove a device, tap the tick box next to the device name. To rearrange devices, drag the device name.
- Tap Save.