Find info about what's on your screen
Your Google Assistant can show you info related to the text on your Pixelbook screen.
- On your device, press the key, touch and hold the Launcher in the bottom left of your touchscreen, or say "Ok Google."
- Select What's on my screen?
What you can get info about
People: Learn more about famous people in the news.
Movies: See more information about a movie.
Restaurants: See menus or get directions to a restaurant.
Use your Google Pixelbook Pen with the Google Assistant
Note: The Pixelbook Pen should be used with a Pixelbook (2017) or Pixel Slate device. The Pixelbook Pen is not compatible with the Pixelbook Go.
With the Pixelbook Pen1, you can use the Google Assistant to find more info about text and items you circle on your screen.
- While holding the Google Assistant button on your Pixelbook Pen, circle an item on the screen you want to learn more about.
- The Google Assistant will open with additional information, links, or suggested actions.
For more information about using the Pixelbook Pen, see Related articles.
1Pixelbook Pen is sold separately.
- On your device, press the key or say "Ok Google."
- In the Assistant window, select Settings
- Select the Assistant tab.
- Under "Assistant devices," select Chromebook.
- Next to "Related info," select the toggle to turn screen search on or off.
Note: When screen search is turned on, your Google Assistant sends content on your screen to Google to find info based on what you're seeing.