Fix payment issues, such as declined or incomplete transactions
If you have problems paying for Google products, you might need to fix a problem with your payments profile.
Find the issue you're experiencing below:
'Your transaction cannot be completed'
A variety of different situations may trigger this message. Try these suggestions to resolve the issue:
- If this message is followed by instructions for submitting additional information to us, please do so. The other steps listed are unlikely to resolve this issue.
- Check whether the billing address for your payment method (such as a credit card) matches the address recorded in your Google payments centre settings. If they don't match, update your address in your Google payments centre, and try the transaction again.
- Try using a Google Play gift card to complete the transaction.
- Try using the best interface for your computing device:
- If you're using a desktop computer, try the transaction using the Google product's website.
- If you're using a mobile device, try using the product's mobile app (if an app is available).
- If you're using guest checkout when the error occurred:
'Unable to complete transaction: Expired card'
Check to see if your payment method is up to date. If it isn't, update it in the Payments centre.
'Unable to complete transaction. Please use another form of payment.'
Note: These steps also apply if you see the error message 'Your payment didn't go through. Please try a different payment method or try again later.'
Try the following:
- Check to see if your payment method is up to date. If it isn't, update it in the Payments centre, then try your purchase again.
- Make sure that you have enough money in your account for the purchase.
- If you're still having issues, contact your bank to see if there's a problem with your account.
- Try making the purchase again with a different payment method.
'Your payment was declined due to an issue with your account'
If you see this message, it might be because:
- We saw a suspicious transaction on your payments profile.
- We need a little more information to protect your account against fraud.
- We need a little more information to comply with EU law (European customers only).
To fix the issue, try the following:
- Go to the Payments centre.
- Take action on any errors or requests in the payments centre.
- You might need to verify your identity before you can buy anything through your Google Account.
- Make sure that your name, address and payment information are up to date.
'Unable to process payment: Low card balance'
You might not have enough funds in your account to make the payment. Check your account balance or contact your bank.
Ineligible or greyed out card
If your card is greyed out or you see a message that your card is ineligible, you won't be able to use it for this type of purchase. Try making the purchase again with a different payment method.
If you don't see the payment method that you want to use, follow the instructions on the screen to add a new one. You can also add a new payment method to your payments profile.
Closed payments profile
Learn more about what to do if you temporarily or permanently closed your payments profile.
If you're still having trouble, contact support.