Add, edit, or remove a payment method
A payment method, such as a credit card, debit card, or bank account, is a way to:
- Pay for Google products and services.
- Get paid for products or services you sell through Google.
- Visit the merchant payments help center for more information.
To see your forms of payment, sign in to Payment methods.
If you’re an admin or full-access user, you can add, edit, or remove payment methods.
Add a payment method
You add your first payment method when you buy something from Google or sign up for a paid Google service.
You can then add additional credit cards, debit cards, bank accounts, and other payment methods.
- Check to make sure the card or bank account you want to add is on the list of accepted payment methods.
- Sign in to Payment methods.
- Choose Add a payment method.
- Enter payment method details and follow any instructions.
- If you’re adding a card: You may see a small "pending" charge on your bank account. This helps us verify your card. It will disappear later and won’t affect your account balance.
- If you’re adding a bank account in the United States: You might be asked to verify your account through instant verification, where you securely share your banking credentials with Google for 24 hours. If you have trouble using instant verification, try the test deposit.
- Choose Save.
Edit a payment method
- Sign in to Payment methods.
- Next to the payment method you want to update, tap or click Edit.
Delete a payment method
Before you delete a payment method
- Methods used for subscriptions can’t be removed until you update the subscription with a new payment method.
- Google Play and Google Pay Send balances can’t be removed. You can either spend the money in your balance or transfer your Google Pay Send balance to your bank account.
Steps to delete a payment method
Sign in to Payment methods.
Next to the payment method you want to delete, tap or click Remove.
PIN-less debit processing
Google may choose to process debit card payments in the US as a PIN-less debit transaction, rather than as a credit transaction. This means the transaction will be processed like a PIN-based debit transaction, but you won’t be asked for your PIN.
Some financial institutions may apply a fee for payments we process as a PIN-less debit transaction. If you have questions regarding the terms and conditions of your debit card, please contact your financial institution using the number on the back of your card.
- American Express
- Discover (US only)
- JCB (Japan and US only)
- Visa Electron (Outside the US only)
- Elo credit cards (Brazil only; Elo debit cards are not accepted)
The types of cards accepted by Google services vary by location and by product.
Note: You might notice temporary authorizations on your card account when using a credit or debit card.
In some countries, you can add a bank account to payments.google.com.
Some mobile devices and service plans can use direct carrier billing to make purchases on Google Play.
In some countries, you can use PayPal to buy apps and digital content on Google Play.
You can't add these payment methods to your payments profile:
- Wire transfers
- Bank transfers
- Western Union
- Virtual Credit Cards (VCC)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Transit cards
- Any escrow type of payment