If you have problems paying for Google products, you might need to fix a problem with your payments profile.
Find the issue you’re experiencing below:
"Your transaction cannot be completed"
A variety of different situations may trigger this message. Try these suggestions to resolve the issue:
- If this message is followed by instructions for submitting additional information to us, please do so. The other steps listed are unlikely to resolve this issue.
- Check whether the billing address for your payment method (such as a credit card) matches the address recorded in your Google payments center settings. If they don't match, update your address in your Google payments center, and try the transaction again.
- Try using a Google Play gift card to complete the transaction.
- Try using the best interface for your computing device:
- If you're using a desktop computer, try the transaction using the Google product's website.
- If you're using a mobile device, try using the product's mobile app (if an app is available).
- If you're using guest checkout when the error occurred:
"Unable to complete transaction: Expired card"
Check to see if your payment method is up to date. If it isn’t, update it in the Payments center.
"Unable to complete transaction. Please use another form of payment."
Note: These steps also apply if you see the error message "Your payment didn't go through. Please try a different payment method or try again later."
Try the following:
- Check to see if your payment method is up to date. If it isn’t, update it in the Payments center, then try your purchase again.
- Make sure you have enough money in your account for the purchase.
- If you’re still having issues, contact your bank to see if there’s a problem with your account.
- Try making the purchase again with a different payment method.
"Your payment was declined due to an issue with your account"
If you see this message, it might be because:
- We saw a suspicious transaction on your payments profile.
- We need a little more information to protect your account against fraud.
- We need a little more information to comply with EU law (European customers only).
To fix the issue, try the following:
- Go to the Payments center.
- Take action on any errors or requests in the payments center.
- You might need to verify your identity before you can buy anything through your Google Account.
- Make sure your name, address, and payment information are up to date.
"Unable to process payment: Low card balance"
You might not have enough funds in your account to make the payment. Check your account balance or contact your bank.
Ineligible or unavailable credit or debit card
Your card was reported as stolen. You must verify the card before you can use it again:
- Go to pay.google.com and sign in to your account.
- If you have multiple accounts, sign in to the account with the grayed-out card.
- Click Payment methods.
- Next to the card that says “Verification needed,” click Verify Charge card.
- Within 2 days, you’ll find a temporary charge on your card statement along with an 8-digit code.
- To complete verification, go to pay.google.com and enter the 8-digit code.
If you try to verify the payment method again:
- Confirm which card you want to verify.
- Check how long ago you tried to verify your card.
- If less than 2 days: Wait up to 2 days.
- If more than 2 days: Check your card statement. You should find a temporary charge from Google called “GOOGLE TEST,” with an 8-digit code.
You can't use this card for this purchase. Try to make the purchase again with a different card.
If the card you want to use isn’t listed, follow the on-screen instructions to add a new card.
Closed payments profile
Learn more about what to do if you temporarily or permanently closed your payments profile.
If you’re still having trouble, contact support.