About Google payments center
The Google payments center is a single location where you can manage the ways you pay for or get paid through Google products and services. You can use the payment information stored in the payment center to pay for other Google products like Play digital content, Drive storage space, or hardware on Google Store.
How it works
Payments center helps you manage your online payments in many ways, including but not limited to the following examples:
- Add and manage payment methods, including credit cards and banking accounts, to use across a wide range of Google products
- Manage and cancel ongoing personal and business subscriptions
- View your history of transactions with Google
- Change your billing address
- Add a bank account to get merchant payouts from Google
- Submit required tax information and forms
- Manage your public merchant profile
- Set up, view, and manage sales tax rates
- View sales and payout reports
- Resolve chargebacks
- Track and get payments directly to a bank account
Merchants use their payments profile to get payments from Google (“merchant payouts”), manage orders, track sales, and more. These merchants include:
- Android app developers who monetize their apps in Google Play
- Chrome Web Store developer
How we protect your personal information
Google is committed to preserving the security of your information. Our highest priority is to let customers and businesses make more secure transactions with merchants and us.
- We encrypt payment transactions with industry-standard secure socket layer (SSL) technology.
- We store your bank account details and credit card information in a single location on Google’s secure servers. These details are only accessed when needed to complete transactions.
Learn more about payments profiles
Your payments profile stores your payment information in one place so you can make purchases across Google products and get merchant payouts if you sell apps and extensions in Google Play and Chrome Web Stores. It's a collection of ways to pay, subscriptions, transaction histories, and billing information that's tied to your Google Account.
Your payments profile is usually created:
- If you’re using payments center as an individual or a business: Automatically the first time you buy something from Google or sign up for a paid Google service
- If you’re using payments center as a merchant selling in Google Play or Chrome Web Stores: When you’re ready to start monetizing your apps, games, or extensions
Learn more about creating and managing a payments profile.
If you go to the Google payments center and don't see options to manage your payments, the reasons could include the following:
- You've never bought anything from Google: Your payments profile is created the first time you buy something from Google (or sign up for a Google service that pays you).
- You have a special account type: Special account types for children and organizations don't directly use the payments center or have their own payments profiles because these accounts are managed by other user accounts (typically a parent or one or more representatives of the organization). If you need help changing your profile information, contact the administrator of the account.