Create a payments profile
To use Play Console to create your payments profile, follow the steps below:
- Sign up for a Google developer accountor sign in to go to Play Console to create your payments profile. Note: If you're a Chrome Web Store developer with apps or extensions already in the Chrome Web Store, make sure you use the same email address when you sign up for your Play Console and payments profile so those apps / extensions will be automatically linked to your payment profile.
- Click Settings , then click Account details.
- Under Merchant Account, click Set up a merchant account. You'll be redirected from Play Console to the payments center to set up your payments profile. Make sure to have your business information available to set up your payments profile.
- Enter your legal business name: Enter the name of your business as you want it to appear on your payments profile. This information will be shown to your customers and also on your receipts.
- Enter contact name: Enter the name of an authorized representative for your company who Google can contact if we have questions about your payments profile.
- Enter business location: Provide your legal business address as it appears on official documents. It’s important that we have a valid, physical address on file for your business. We don't allow you to use a PO box address. Later, you'll need to make sure that your bank account is registered in the same country listed in your payments profile. Learn more about bank account requirements.
- Enter business phone number: Google will use this number to contact you if we have questions about your account.
- Enter the following public business information, or choose to match your public merchant profile and payments profile information:
- Enter your business website
- The category of your products (i.e. what you sell)
- Your customer support email
- The business / product name that'll appear on your customers' credit card statements. Note: To help customers remember what they purchased and keep chargebacks to a minimum for you, use an appropriate credit card statement name.
- When you're finished, click Submit.
Note: You cannot change your business location country but you can change your public merchant and payments profiles later.
Link Chrome apps to payments profile
Merchants can use the payments center to manage sales of apps and extensions you offer in the Chrome Web Store. After you create a payments profile, we use the email you used at signup to automatically link your payments profile to the apps and extensions in Chrome Web Store associated with that email address.
You can handle all app and extension sales reports, refunds, taxes, and customer support issues through the payments profile.
If you have several storefronts or websites, you can create multiple payments profiles. You’ll use a different email to sign in to each account. While you can use the same bank account information for more than one account, we may require you to complete the verification process each time.