Claim money someone sent to you
You can use Google Pay to receive money from friends and family. Google pay charges no fees.
If you’re having problems completing a transaction, here is a list of likely reasons.
When someone sends you money through Google Pay, you'll get an email or text message from Google with instructions on how to claim the money.
Note: To claim transactions over $2,500, you’ll need to add a bank account and claim the money to it.
To claim money:
- In the notification email, click Claim money. Make sure it opens pay.google.com.
- Sign in to your Google Account. If you don’t have one yet, you’ll need to create one.
- Add the debit card or bank account you want to transfer the money to.
- Enter your address info.
- Claim your money.
- The next time you get money, sign in to pay.google.com to view your transaction.
- If you’ve set a default payment method, any money you receive will go directly to it.