After you verify your identity and have access to Google Pay balance, you can take advantage of extra functionalities, such as:
- Use money in your Google Pay balance to send money to friends and family instantly.
- Use your money in Google Pay to make purchases for Google products such as purchases on Play and YouTube.
- Add money to your Google Pay balance that can be used for future purchases or sends.
- Unlock higher transaction limits.
- Open the Google Pay app .
- If you're not already signed in to your account, you’ll be asked to sign in.
- At the bottom, tap Insights .
- Tap Money in Google Pay .
- Tap Complete Verification.
- Confirm your personal information:
- Date of birth
- Social Security number
- At the bottom, tap Confirm.
- For identification cards, please provide a valid, government-issued Identification. The expiration date needs to be at least 30 days in the future. Documents that expire within 30 days aren’t valid.
- We do not accept student IDs, foreign documents, debit cards, credit cards, military IDs, veteran cards, or non-US passports.
- Do not upload a picture of your credit or debit card. This isn’t a valid form of identity verification.
Make sure any image or document you upload:
- Uses the same first and last name on your Google Payments profile.
- Matches the existing address on your Google Payments profile.
- For proof of address, isn't older than 60 days.
- For an identification card, doesn't expire within 30 days.
- Is clearly readable.
- Is an image of a document and not anything else.
- Shows the full document with all 4 corners.
- Is in color and not black and white.
- Doesn’t have blur, glare, or dim lighting.
- Isn't covered in any way or blocked by your finger.
For government Issued IDs, we accept:
- US state issued driver’s license
- US passport and passport card
- State ID
- Green card
For proof of address we accept:
- Utility or phone bill dated within 60 days
- Bank statement dated within 60 days
- Lease or mortgage agreement
For Social Security numbers we accept:
- Social Security cards
You may be asked to reupload or provide additional documents. The reason will be provided in the app with information on what needs to be corrected or submitted. If you fail verification, you’ll get an email or app notification with the decision. You can also check for notifications at pay.google.com.
To appeal the decision, follow the instructions in the email. For more help, contact us.