Help prevent a cracked screen
To help your phone or tablet last longer, avoid actions that could lead to damaging the screen. Over time, even tiny fractures can grow and cause cracks.
To help prevent your screen from cracking
- Do use a protective case.
- Do add a screen protector.
- Do set your device on a flat surface when not in use so that it won't fall.
- Do be cautious when letting young children use your device.
- Don't put your device near your keys or other hard objects that may scratch, crack, or crush the screen.
- Don't put your device in your back pocket where you might accidentally sit on it and crack the screen.
- Don't leave your device on vibrate near the edge of a surface, because it might fall when it vibrates.
- Don't expose your device to extreme temperatures, like leaving your device in your car on a very hot or cold day.
If your screen has already cracked
- Pixel phones
If you bought your Pixel phone from the Google Store, see our warranty center. If you bought your Pixel phone elsewhere, learn how to get your phone fixed out of warranty.
- Nexus devices
If you bought your Nexus device from the Google Store, see our warranty center.
- Other Android devices
See your manufacturer's support site.
Amy is an Android expert and author of this help page. Leave her feedback below about the page.