Help prevent water damage to your Pixel phone
Pixel 3 and Pixel 2 phones are designed to be water-resistant. But normal wear and tear can reduce water-resistance. To help your Pixel phone last longer, avoid actions that could lead to water damage.
For your phone's water protection rating details, see the tech specs.
Help prevent water damage
Tip: When you're near water or steam, use a Bluetooth speaker to listen to your phone from a distance.
Keep your phone intact
- Avoid chips or cracks in your phone's body or screen.
- Be cautious when letting young children use your phone.
Keep your phone dry
- Don't submerge your phone.
- Don't take your phone into a sink, shower, sauna, or bathtub.
- Don't take your phone into a swimming pool or body of water.
If your Pixel falls in water
- Lift it out of the water.
- Turn it off.
- Dry it with a soft cloth.
- Set it on a flat surface to finish drying at room temperature.
If your Pixel is already water damaged
If you bought your Pixel phone: