Avail information for partners
An avail provides info about the time, location, and business rules related to offering a movie or TV title. Avails include the important info required by the Google Play Operations Team to process the title. Learn more about formatting and submitting avails in the EMA avails FAQs article.
When to send avails
|Content||Delivery Type||Lead Time (SLA)|
|Bundle avail||45 days|
|Next Day TV (NDTV)||Season avail||30 days before the start of a season|
5 days before the earliest start date of an episode
EXCEPTION: Pre-emption and takedown notices can be sent outside of this lead time and will be handled as soon as possible.
48 hours before the start date of an episode.
The episode package must be supplied and conformed to Google Encoding specifications.
EXAMPLE: If the episode is availed to go live on 12/15/2016 12:00:00, Google must have received the episode package at the very latest by 12/13/2016 12:00:00.
Google accepts avails in the industry standard Entertainment Merchant's Association (EMA) .xlsx format. In this format, each row in an avail file represents a specific offer for a title.
We currently support Versions 1.6 and 1.7.2.
Find helpful tips in our EMA FAQ section.
Create and deliver avails
Partners who work with Rightsline to manage avails should disregard the information in this section.
- Create a file that meets the EMA standard and gives the availability info for the title.
- Find helpful tips in our EMA FAQ section.
- If you don’t have an existing method for generating avails with all the required info, EMA templates for movies and TV can be downloaded here.
- Each avail row represents 1 VOD or EST license. A single availability window for 1 title can occupy up to 6 rows, for both license types in UHD, HD, and SD formats. If a title has multiple availability windows, include a new row for each window per license type.
- What content is the avail for?
- Movies: Go to the next step.
- TV: Send the avail to your Rightsline for processing. If you do not work with Rightsline, send your avails to your relevant support alias.
- Sign in to Partner Portal and select your account. Then click Avails Import under "Avails" in the left menu bar
- Click the plus button in the bottom-right corner.
- Click Choose a File and upload your avail.
- Click Submit. This will also validate the avail.
- Google processes avails within 72 hours. After that time, confirm your avails are in the Partner Portal.
After processing your avails, you'll see all the order info in either the "Orders" section or "Next Generation" section of the Partner Portal. Google does not require an avail to have been processed before assets can be delivered, but content will not be made live on the store until an avail has been received.
See EMA avails frequently asked questions for more info. If you need help, please ask your Partner Operations contact.
Please aim to get the files to Sony DADC NMS or Premiere 7 days in advance of the earliest avail start for movies and 24 hrs in advance for NDTV so that there is enough time to correct any potential errors before the start date.
Please speak to your contact at the PPH if there are any issues.